Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Life isn't always fun and games, cuz you are always lurking just behind the rainbow. And because I'm overbooked with subbing assignments and evening meetings and concert rehearsals and birthday parties and lesson planning and TKD testing and mandatory dinner engagement in the next few weeks, I am full of rants and must vent with a short post. Here are my #TopTen Worsts in each category:
10. Driving: Backing up. #ThereAreReasonsWhyOurEyesAreInFrontOfOurHeads
9. Summers: Mosquitoes. #MyImmuneSystemHatesMe
8. Days: Not enough hours in them. #OverAchieverOrUnderSleeper
7. Facebook: News feed algorithm. #ItKnowsUsBetterThanWeKnowOurselves
6. Twitter: The never-caught-up stream. #IveTotallyGivenUp #ListsSchmists
5. Candy Crush Saga: Level 125. #LevelFromHell #MyPoorEyes
4. Cleaning: Hurting myself while I'm at it. #RubbingSaltOnTheWound
3. Cooking: Being under any sort of time limit. #LikeOilAndWater (#SeeWhatIDidThere)
2. Subbing: Not learning the kids' names fast enough. #WhatsYourNameAGAIN?
1. Parenting: Standing your ground AND feeling bad for the kid. #ParentingIsHEARTWork
So, Dear Worst, I know, I know, mine are first world problems. But if anyone can relate to any of these, then I won't feel so alone. They kinda bring people together, you know?
(And yes, as soon as I ranted about Level 125 to a friend--after having been stuck there for weeks--I passed it immediately after the conversation. How's that for productive venting?)
(It's okay, I can't see you shake your head in pity on your side of the screen.)
(So, go ahead, shake away.)